We take the opportunity to give you thanks for all your efforts in participating in our online lessons during the Enhanced Community Quarantine.
In consideration to the severe impact of the COVID-19 pandemic to the lives of everyone, to the recommendations of CHED, and to the issued Executive Order No.37-2020 Re: General Community Quarantine guidelines by Gov. Chiz Escudero starting on May 1, 2020, please be advised of the following:
BASIC EDUCATION DEPARTMENT:
1. BED Students are still not allowed to enter The Lewis College campus due to the 24/7 Curfew for 20-year-olds and below.
2. Teachers are now computing the grades. Results will be uploaded individually on the MyTLC Student Portal (www.thelewiscollege.edu.ph/myTLC) upon full payment of school fees.
3. Parents may pay for their student’s balance at TLC Campus starting May 6, 2020. The accounting office will be open from Monday to Thursday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
4. Online Summer Class will start on June 15, 2020.
5. The Lewis College will be hosting an online Moving-Up for Kindergarten 2 and online Completion Exercises for Grade 6, Grade 10, and Grade 12. Please wait for further announcement from the advisers.
HIGHER EDUCATION DEPARTMENT:
1. Final exams are cancelled, thus, 2nd semester is hereby declared to have officially ended April 30, 2020.
2. A passing numerical grade will be given in all subjects except for thesis, feasibility study, field study and capstone project. Final grade will be based on the combination of student performance during first half of the semester (prelims and midterm) and participation in the online class. Those who were not able to participate in the online class will still be given until May 13, 2020 to comply online output.
3. For thesis, feasibility study, field study and capstone project, no defense will be undertaken but set documentary requirements must still be submitted.
4. Final grade results will be uploaded individually to the MyTLC Student Portal upon full payment of school fees.
5. Only students above 20 years old may pay over-the-counter at TLC the remaining balance starting May 6, 2020. If not, parents or any authorized person allowed to go out under GCQ guidelines may do so in their behalf. Payment online will still be allowed through the following:
• Metrobank Savings Account No. 348-3-34815924-1 under the name of The Lewis College
• Palawan Pawnshop/Express under the name of Josephine Lagata with Cp.No 09102845843
6. Online summer classes will be opened upon request through your respective deans who will process the online enrolment starting May 18, 2020. Inquiry on the subjects to be enrolled maybe done through their messenger accounts or using the MyTLC Student Portal. Classes start June 8, 2020.
7. The Commencement Exercises for AY 2019-2020 is postponed until further notice.
8. The opening of regular 1st semester classes for AY 2020-2021 will be on August 17, 2020. The Lewis College will be offering a blended learning and will strictly comply with DOH standards and government policies for everyone’s safety. Please wait for further announcements on this matter.
9. Entrance Exams for new students will be on June 1, 2020. Please wait for the link to be posted on our website and Facebook page.